Saturday, April 11, 2015

Soooo.....I have Pneumonia

Dear Pneumonia,

        I hate you. I really do. You try to rob me from living life and do things that are calling my name today,but you won't!No brotha, not today! Okay, I won't go to the beach or hang out with many friends, but I won't refuse to write this post and read a #1 New York Times Bestseller American Sniper, so ha!Take that you really mean monkey!

                                                               Sincerely,

                                                                             This poor, suffering soul.


    Okay,I'm really not all that dramatic, but let me tell ya something: me and Pneumonia have a history together. Pneumonia is like that ex-girlfriend you never want to see in your life again but she keeps on re-appearing all the time because she knows how to get to you( btw guys or girls-I'm not saying you shall do this, but I would find it funny if you did call your ex's Pneumonia based on what you just read. It's mean, but it would be funny).Think about it. She's got your phone number, and if you change it, she can figure out what it is. She knows where you live because she has connections everywhere. No matter where you go or what you change in your life, she finds you and wants to END you! Yeah, Pneumonia is that ex, except I never wanted to go out with her in the first place.

I probably have had Pneumonia on a yearly basis since 2007. It's definitely a seasonal allergy thing that's going on. There's just something about the cold at night that flares up this allergic reaction in my respiratory system where my lungs attract mucus so much so that I cough it up almost repetitiously. I invite the coughs because that means my body is expelling things that should not be in my system, yet the coughing can be violent at times. I do not mean to be gross,but when talking about sickness,sometimes you need to go into the details to have the reader or listener engage themselves into.

    To treat myself today, I bought Mucinex DM Liquid from a Walgreens. The pharmacist recommended it to me, alongside Tylenol, but I did not have the funds to  get both. Funny story though. After the recommendation, a consumer came up to me and recommended me to get Nyquil instead of Mucinex because of what Mucinex had done to him when he was sick one time. He said that the Mucinex caused him to drain everything all at once out of his body and made him more miserable than the Nyquil did. I don't know exactly what he meant by being drained, but while I knew he meant well, I was poised to listen to the licensed pharmacist instead. After buying the Mucinex, I had taken my first dosage when I got into my car at the store because I was a mess.

    I didn't have that great of a night's sleep last night but made up for it when I slept from 8 am until 1 pm today.I feel well rested and good energy-wise. Here's the thing. I felt that way yesterday during the day as well before I had taken Mucinex while I was at work, so who knows besides God what is going to happen tonight. I should expect a different story now that I am medicated but we will see. I am hoping and praying to be well by tomorrow so I can attend church and be apart of an important meeting. This extrovert cannot be cooped up in the house for two days!! I'm surprised that I am not going crazy right now. I guess there is a joy in all this to find that I needed such a restful, quiet Saturday. I guess this is another breather I needed to have.

    I do have to be honest about something, however. As I am writing this blog, I'm thinking about the hundreds or even thousands of children who suffer from pneumonia and diseases like Malaria and have little to no access to medication. They only have the cards they're dealt with by improving from nature's medical remedies or suffer more by becoming more infected by mosquitoes or airborn diseases that are going around. My heart goes out to them.When thinking upon those kinds of things, it helps put your situation in perspective.

    Some of you might be asking why am I writing a post about this. While there are big events happening that people see in the news like social injustice, there's something about connecting with people with the mundane that helps humanity live together. So many times when I was going through minute events in my life, I have found enjoyment and care with reading or listening to someone speak about themselves going through the same thing I was going through. It let's me know that I am not alone. See what I mean? What may be an insignificant post to someone can be the post that makes the day for someone else. Plus, blogging is a practical way for me to just vent at times. Yes, I'm vulnerable to the world's opinion of me when I post about something,but that's better than cooping up my voice inside my heart. So anyway, I think a lot of people can relate to having Pneumonia and may get something out of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment